Independent recording artist, Millionaire Thought$ released the EP, ‘Life 2 (Deluxe Edition),’ and as the title suggests, the project highlights his experiences growing up in a low-income family and developing the right mindset for success.
The 6-song project features thought-provoking cuts like “First Day,” where he narrates the struggles of growing up without a male role model, and “Mind Str8,” a triumphant message about having a grind state of mind and not becoming a statistic. Our favorite is the last track called “Cancer,” a song that provides awareness about the deadly disease, while describing Millionaire Thought$’s personal struggles, life impact, and viewpoints on no cure.
There’s no doubt that life can be brutal at times. Even if you’ve been blessed to this point, there’s some chance that you could be impacted by a significant setback, like cancer. People are tested when faced with great challenges. As Mike Tyson said, “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.” What will you do when life punches you in the face? Below are a few tips for keeping your “Mind Str8.”
1. You’ve been down before and rebounded. This isn’t the first time that you’ve had to deal with challenging circumstances. Think back to the last time you thought you were dealing with more than you could handle. It won’t be long before you can think back on your current situation and maybe even smile about it a little.
2. Even small changes can make a big difference. When you’re at your lowest, even a small change can have a big impact. Progress is the key to feeling better. People are happiest when making progress. Set a couple of small goals and achieve them. You’ll feel a lot better than you think. When your life is operating at a high level, making additional progress can be a lot of work.
3. Gratitude can provide a more positive perspective. Look for things you can be grateful for. Your perspective will change considerably, and you’ll be in a better position to find solutions to your current dilemma.
4. You’ll only be stronger for it. Hard times create strong people. It stinks while it’s happening, but you might even be grateful someday for your current struggles. You’ll become stronger and more capable.
5. You’re not alone. Remember that there are plenty of people that are willing to help. Avoid the urge to hide from the world and deal with your challenges alone. It’s unnecessary. Reach out and allow others to assist you. What do you have to lose?
‘Life 2’ is a gift to the Generation Y population as it both highlights trials and personal victories. Kudos to Millionaire Thought$ for not following his heart and not the next hot trend.
Remember, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed when everything seems to be crashing down around you, but you can overcome your situation. Stay in the game, even when the game gets rough. No matter how challenging your life might be, it could actually be worse. Others have overcome poverty, language barriers, health issues, being orphaned, and abuse, and come out on top. You can overcome your current situation, too.
Listen to ‘Life 2’ via Spotify below!